Tax Questions

What do I need to file my tax return?


Filing a tax return usually means filing federal tax return and state tax returns. Both state and federal tax returns often need you to have the same type of documents to back up your income reporting and expenses as well as credits and deductions you are claiming.

Below are documents that will be helpful in preparing to file your tax return.


  • W-2s
  • Forms W-2G
  • Forms 1099-INT, 1099-OID, bank statements
  • Forms 1099-MISC, records for business or side job income and expenses
  • Records for your rental and royalty property income and expenses
  • Schedules K1
  • Forms 1099-DIV
  • Forms 1099-B, records with gain or loss on sales of stocks or property
  • Forms 1099-R, CSA 1099-R, CSF 1099-R
  • Forms RRB-1099, RRB-1099-R
  • Forms SSA-1099
  • W-2Gs, records of other gambling income
  • Information on any other income received in 2007